Upgrade or New Install?

I’m a little late to the party - do I need to install Netrunner 23 new, or can I upgrade from my existing installation? I did apt full-upgrade but that doesn’t seem to have done the trick. According to kinfo, I have plasma 5.14 & kernal 4.19.

You can use this utility to upgrade from Netrunner 21 to 23: netrunner / Utilities / netrunner-update-tool · GitLab.

Otherwise, backup your user data using your preferred method and make a new installation.

Thanks!
And since this post must apparently be 20 characters or more - thanks.

Hm. It says, “Please run Netrunner Update Tool 0.0.4_21.01v23 in Netrunner 21.01 - XOXO. Quitting.”

I thought I was running Netrunner 21.01 but evidently not! I guess that means I have to install it fresh.
Thanks for your help.

The utility checks the integrity of the file /etc/apt/sources.list using MD5; the utility will quit if the checksum doesn’t match the value of the file in a fresh installation, which is what happened. That is expected.

Suppose the file /etc/apt/sources.list was altered, for example, to include additional repositories, that will prevent the utility from proceeding. If that was the case, additional repositories should not be added to this file; instead, the correct way is to add a source file to the directory /etc/apt/sources.list.d/

Thanks! Will check that out. I know I have additional repositories, but I don’t remember where/how I added them in.

Posted this elsewhere, but probably fits here too: