Update not possible - Printable Version

+- Index (
+-- Forum: Netrunner Rolling (
+--- Forum: Rolling 2016.01 (
+--- Thread: Update not possible (/showthread.php?tid=24328)

Update not possible - Hanisch - 6th November 2017

I can't update
$ sudo pacman -Syyu
Suche nach in Konflikt stehenden Paketen...
Fehler: Konnte den Vorgang nicht vorbereiten (Kann Abhängigkeiten nicht erfüllen)
:: expanding-icons-taskmanager: das Installieren von kactivities (5.39.0-1) verletzt Abhängigkeit von 'kactivities-frameworks'

What can I do?

with regards
Ch. Hanisch

RE: Update not possible - AJSlye - 6th November 2017

Kactivities provides Kactivites-frameworks, but we no longer ship expanding-icons-taskmanager, this is why the package has not been updated. However, you should be able to remove the expanding-icons-taskmanager package and use the default task manager instead. Please note that NR was discontinued for quite some time, and the latest NR 2017.07 is a completely new product that uses different custom packages, repositories, etc. than the previous releases. If you PM me I can walk you through some options to avoid any further issues going forward. It might even be possible to bring you to the current version of NR without a full reinstall, but a method for doing so has yet to be developed or tested. If your installation is 32bit this will not be an option in any case.

RE: Update not possible - Hanisch - 7th November 2017

after Reinstalling of
sudo pacman -R expanding-icons-taskmanager netrunner-desktop-panel netrunner-lnf-theme netrunner-rolling-default-settings bluex-lnf-theme
an Update works well.
It's Ok?

with regards
Ch. Hanisch

RE: Update not possible - AJSlye - 7th November 2017

Um, -R removes packages, not reinstall them.

I'm glad to hear all is well though..